Skip to content

Today I am:

6 November 2011


I cast on for my curent project on Thursday. Friday evening and Saturday I chugged along, getting a handle on the four different stitch patterns as I went. Today, after a couple more hours of knitting, I had 4 inches of the bodice completed — enough that I could transfer the knitting to scrap yarn and try it on. Just to get a sense of how things were coming together.

Wellllllll, despite knitting a gauge swatch, it seems that the bodice as knit from the measurements I have is way too big.

So I will un-knit (frog) the 7,000 stitches I’ve spent the last few days knitting, and begin again.

2 Comments leave one →
  1. 7 November 2011 3:19 am

    That’s awful, I’m so sorry. I suppose the only consolation is that you have just done the first four inches.

    • Peaceable Imperatrix permalink*
      7 November 2011 7:10 am

      That was exactly my thought, Z. Especially since this has dragonscale and bamboo patterns, not just stocking stitch. I would much rather frog 4 inches than 16 inches! (At that point, I would probably just cry and give up.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: