Catching up, catching up, but never caught up, dammit
25 April 2011
- You must be getting sick of these constant metatextual blog posts of not blogging enough. Heck, I’m getting sick of them and would like to leave them behind forever.
- The problem is that I think about blogging often, and compose bits of it daily; which means that when I actually have a spare moment to blog, I am bored of the idea, already. (But wait! I thought I wasn’t going to metablog anymore!!!)
- The cleanse went well (lost 5 lbs; although then Easter made an appearance, and I haven’t checked in yet). My daily schedule now is: breakfast of oatmeal (for cholesterol scrubbing) with a handful of raisins and cinnamon, and 1 tsp brown sugar; lunch of a green smoothie (coconut water or almond milk base; 2 leaves raw kale [yummm, kale!]; an apple, a pear, or 1/2 c. frozen blueberries; 1 TBsp. ground flax seeds; a handful of walnuts, almonds, or pecans [or not]; a scoop of protein powder [or not]); supper of whatever I or the Consort are making. Cheese intake: significantly reduced; tortillas: now only whole wheat; pasta: now only whole wheat; brown rice, brown bulghur, spelt (if I ever remember to soak it the night before); did I mention that my cheese intake is almost non-existant (except for pizza night, because — hey, Friday night pizza = staff of life!).
- I figure my lifestyle right now is significantly sedentary (walk downstairs from bedroom for meals, walk upstairs to office for work), so there is absolutely no reason for me to have caloric intake of someone who works on a farm. Hence, one liquid meal a day. Still not feeling hungry; but still fighting the boredom eating.
- Oh, peanuts are O.U.T. Not only do they make me gassy (if Impera still read my blog, she’s be groaning out loud right now — she thinks this is TMI), but for budgetary reasonswe’ve recently gone from natural organic PB to crunchy Skippy. Which has sugar added. Which tastes delicious. Which I eat directly from a spoon — a peanut butter lollipop, if you will. Where “a” spoon quickly morphs into 2 or 3. So, better not to even be tempted, IMO. (Plus, the bubbly tummy is unpleasant.)
- I am spending som much time at my computer with this big project, 7 days a week, that during my limited free time, I am not interested in surfing the Internet. Hence, not a big presence here, and not a big presence on other blogs.
- This has made me realize that I am not ready for an electronic book reader: (a) I’ve been reading much more, since it’s a non-computer activity, and (b) what would one do at the beach? I have ruined three (yes, 3!) cameras at the beach, so don’t have much faith in the safety of an electronic device at the beach.
- I am getting very excited about our one week beach vacation (an entire week! with no working! [Very rare for a freelancer — even during our southwestern adventure 2 years ago and our California adventure last year, I brought work along to do.]) July 4th week, baby. Fun in the sun!!!
- BTW, I’ve been recording my reading on the Books Read page. Go visit if you’d like.
- I am starting to feel a desire for a good and meaty nonfiction read. Any suggestions?