Bullets of Busyness
6 August 2008
- I go from periods of complete stress, sure that I won’t be able to finish the work I need to get done before we leave next week, to periods of peaceful Zen, sure that everything is falling into place perfectly, several times within the course of each day.
- I was terribly worried that we would return to a scratched-up, two-big-German-Shepherd-smelling house. Then the tenant emailed, and now I’m not as worried. (It may still be less than perfect when we get back, but the worry is gone.)
- Our friends are hosting a potluck for us the day after we arrive. This has made me feel so welcomed back.
- I’m fighting a cold — the itchy, scratchy throat kind that keeps you up at night.
- I took two sudafed on Monday night, and I barely slept — it buzzed me so strongly.
- The weather this week is rainy, with more rain. So my plan of making my local meal in the solar oven didn’t pan out. We had ratatouille (onions, eggplant, green pepper, tomatoes, summer squash, and mushrooms — I know, not the “official” ingredients) and potatoes (roasted in the oven with whole garlic cloves, olive oil, and rosemary):
- Trixie and I need haircuts today. I expect this will shift the sense of stress back to Oh-my-god-there-aren’t-enough-hours-in-the-day.
- I think I’ll want a glass of wine tonight.
- Oh, I may start twittering. KathyR started it — it’s all her fault.